More than 140 submission areas for 2018 Chambers Global are due shortly. Don’t miss the opportunity to better your rankings in next year’s edition of the Chambers Global guide.
If you are already a LexLists customer, just log into your LexLists account for complete details on the countries and practices for the Chambers Global 2018 research.
Who Qualifies for the Global Rankings?
Chambers Global guide can be a little confusing, so hopefully the following will help:
- You do not need separate submissions for countries covered in the Chambers Global guide if these countries are covered in one of Chambers other guides. Practice areas that are commonly covered by Chambers at a country level (e.g., Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, etc.) do not necessarily need submissions or client references, although they are very useful for the Chambers researchers.
- For those practices not normally covered at a country level, Chambers states that “… it is important that we do receive submissions.”
- Examples of such practices include: Agribusiness, Business & Human Rights Law, Climate Change, Commercial Contracts, Gaming & Gambling and more.
- To qualify for a global ranking, firms are expected to have truly international practices with dedicated experts and will generally have been ranked already in a number of different countries for each practice area submitted.
- It is important to complete the “Foreign Experts” portion of the submission form. Chambers considers these to be “… lawyers with specialist expertise in a foreign jurisdiction.They may be dual-qualified, or just have particular knowledge of a jurisdiction other than that in which they are based.”
- Chambers also recommends submitting referees “… if significant parts of your practice are in jurisdictions where we do not cover the relevant practice area, and hence you have not had a chance to submit these clients at a country level.”
To find out how LexLists can help you never miss another award deadline, check out LexLists here.
LexLists is a comprehensive, constantly updated database with more than 8,800 awards listings ranging from local to global awards in every practice area imaginable.
Sign up for our LexLists HEADS-UP Deadline alerts below so you don’t miss the top news and insights.