Is your law firm especially innovative in its European offices? You’re in luck. The Financial Times Europe Innovative Lawyers deadline is coming up on May 5!
Who can apply for Financial Times Europe Innovative Lawyers?
Law firms active in Europe, as well as, alternative legal service providers and in-house legal teams are invited to submit for these awards by the Financial Times.
What are categories for the FT Europe Innovative Lawyers Award?
The Financial Times describe the categories as:
“…five broad sections: legal expertise, the business of law, access to justice and rule of law, collaboration and innovative individuals. This year we have again deliberately left the categories broad, allowing firms more freedom to choose initiatives from any practice area or part of the business.”
See detail regarding the categories for FT Europe Innovative Lawyers Award here
Which specific awards will be given?*
- Innovation in Legal Expertise
- Innovation in the Business of Law
- Innovation in Collaboration
- Innovation in Rule of Law and Access to Justice
- Legal Innovator of the Year
- Young Legal Innovator of the Year (under 40)
- Most Innovative In-House Legal Team
- Most Innovative General Counsel
- Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe (outside the UK)
- Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe
* Financial Times says exact category names may vary
Important FT Innovative Lawyers submission details
- “Innovations must have taken place in Europe or have been led from a European office. All law firms active in Europe, regardless of country of origin, are eligible to send submissions to FT Innovative Lawyers 2017.”
- Word limits on each section are strict. And submissions overall “must be no longer than 750 words in total, written in English and answer each of the questions on the entry form.”
- There are submission forms as well as guidance here.
- The timeframe of innovations is from January 1, 2016 to present.
If you are already a LexLists customer, you can log in to your LexLists account for the complete list of the the Financial Times Europe Innovative Lawyer awards… and many other legal and business awards.
Sign up for our LexLists HEADS-UP Deadline alerts below so you don’t miss the top news and insights.